HOW TO PRAY THE ROSARY
In the Roman Catholic religion, the Rosary is one of the most beautiful and sacred prayers. The Rosary is a devotion to God through a devotion to Mary. The Rosary consists of a series of prayers. The Rosary offers hope when life can be unbearable.
The Rosary is the recitation of five decades of the Our Father , ten Hail Mary's , and a Glory Be . The person mediates on the saving mysteries of our Lord's life and the Blessed Mother. The mysteries include the Glorious mystery, the Sorrowful mystery, the Joyful mystery and theLuminous mystery. The Rosary beads are used to keep track of the prayers being recited.
Praying the Rosary:
1. Make the sign of the cross and recite the Apostle's Creed .
2. Say the prayer the Our Father .
3. Say three Hail Mary's .
4. Say the Glory Be to the Father.
5. Depending on the day, see step 11, announce the First Mystery then say Our Father
6. Say ten Hail Mary's while meditating on the mystery.
7. Say the Glory Be to the Father.
8. Announce the Second Mystery; then say the " Our Father." Repeat steps 6 and 7 and continue with Third, Fourth and Fifth Mysteries in the same manner.
9. After you say the Rosary, recite the Hail Holy Queen
10. After each decade say the following prayer requested by the Blessed Virgin Mary at Fatima: "O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of your mercy."
11. The Joyful mysteries are said on Monday and Saturday, the Luminous on Thursday.
12. The Sorrowful on Tuesday and Friday, and the Glorious on Wednesday and Sunday (with this exception: Sundays of Christmas season - The Joyful; Sundays of Lent - Sorrowful)
The information on this page was extracted from the "Roman Cathlolic Prayers" website at the following address: http://www.roman-catholic-prayers.com
|FREE Registered Shipping on selected items|
|Link To US|